• Professional news media organizations: Defined as persons possessing and exercising journalism skills, which are not affiliated with elected officials, lobbyists, special interest groups, partisan political parties or groups, or public relations organizations, and which adhere to the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Code of Ethics.
• Ownership: OMC will not accept collaborators owned by companies or entities engaged in partisan political activities.
• Opinion: Collaborators that produce opinion journalism are permissible as long as that is not their sole purpose, and also do traditional reporting. Opinion content should be clearly designated as such.
• Frequency: Frequency of publishing must meet OMC MOU requirements.
• Affiliates: Affiliate collaborators may be considered on a project-by-project basis and would be considered temporary collaborators.
• Geography: An OMC collaborator must either have a physical presence in the state or have a significant part of its coverage area in Oklahoma.
• Work product: Individual collaborators are responsible for their own content and such independent work may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the OMC collaboration.
Is your Oklahoma news organization interested in joining our statewide collaborative? Click here to apply.